The benefits of the beautiful Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of the flower, clary sage (Salvia sclarea). It has a sweet, floral, herbaceous odour.. It contains the chemical compound linalool that acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
It is used for many purposes and is known for treating mental and physical distress It can also be used as a natural remedy for acne and menstrual cramps.
The best way to use clary sage essential oil is by adding it to a diffuser or in bath water. This will release the beneficial fragrance and therapeutic qualities of this healing oil.
Clary sage essential oil can be used in a variety of ways.
- For stress relief and relaxation, diffuse or inhale directly.
- For cramp and pain relief, create a massage oil by diluting 5 drops of clary sage oil with 5 drops of a carrier oil (like jojoba) and apply wherever needed.
- Hot flashes- Simply add 5 drops Clary Sage oil to 15ml Jojoba oil and add to bath water.
- It can be applied on the skin, mixed with a carrier oil and rubbed onto the lower abdomen or on the face before bedtime as an effective treatment for insomnia.
- For skin care, create a mix of clary sage oil and a carrier oil (like coconut or jojoba) at a 1:1 ratio. Apply the mixture directly to your face, neck and body.
- Some people use clary sage essential oil as an alternative treatment for acne, rosacea, and other skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. This is because it has anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce redness, itchiness, dryness and swelling caused by these conditions.
- To improve mood and joint pain, add 3–5 drops of clary sage oil to warm bath water. Try combining the essential oil with epsom salt and baking soda to make your own healing bath salts.
- For hair health, massage equal parts clary sage oil and rosemary oil into your scalp while showering.
CAUTION: NOT TO BE USED ON BABIES AND USE WITH CAUTION WHILE PREGNANT